parallel lm3886 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if i parallel 4 lm3886 driving a 1ohm load, then each ic would see a 4ohm load, am i right? what would be the disadvantages of this compared to bridge/parallel (BPA) config

another question,
what would be the best way of wiring a DVC sub, 2ohm each VC to 4 lm3886

1. wire the sub in parallel resulting to 1ohm impedance powered by 4 parallel ic, each seeing a 4ohm load

2. parallel 2 LM3886 and wire them independently into each 2ohm VC

3. the BPA200 config

any suggestion would be gladly appreciated, thanks:)

ryan750 said:
if i parallel 4 lm3886 driving a 1ohm load, then each ic would see a 4ohm load, am i right?
Yes.

ryan750 said:
what would be the disadvantages of this compared to bridge/parallel (BPA) config
None. BPA would need higher speaker impedance or you would have to parallel several BPAs.

ryan750 said:
what would be the best way of wiring a DVC sub, 2ohm each VC to 4 lm3886

1. wire the sub in parallel resulting to 1ohm impedance powered by 4 parallel ic, each seeing a 4ohm load

2. parallel 2 LM3886 and wire them independently into each 2ohm VC

3. the BPA200 config

any suggestion would be gladly appreciated, thanks:)
Your choices 1 and 2 make little difference. The advantage for version 2 could be that you share the current across two speaker cables, so you can use a smaller wire diameter.

The BPA configuration can only drive 2 Ohm loads with a low supply voltage, and should better not be used below 4 Ohm.

How about wiring the voice coils in series? That gives you 4 Ohm and you could even try to work with a single IC. If you want to use more power, this is the configuration where you can use BPA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.