Aikido Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Franz Gysi said:
Hi Gainclone Friends
Did you have a look at John Broskies tube cad blog recently? The may 19 blog?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An interesting circuit, isn't it?
The only thing I would like to avoid: the fat output cap...
And you'll find even more: some balanced hybrid gainclones, amazing!
www.tubecad.com Franz

Yeah.
Aikido Tube + Gainclone Chip

Tubes to fead LM3875 has been tried before.
Several times.

for example at this website:
http://www.customanalogue.com/diytubegainclone/index.htm
Tube Gainclone for DIY Buffs
This section of the website is dedicated to the original Tube Gainclone for DIY

Hello to South Africa!

No, I was not as patient as you write, but I tried to convince you to use a tube as buffer :D

The pictures in the old thread are gone. It was this little stereo amp (side by side with a 6C33C tube):

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Together with the PSU:

Regards
Franz

It is probably very simple
;)
Two LM3875 chips
sitting at those 2 Black Heatsinks = Right & Left side of chassis.
See my attachment image!

Attachments

• franz_tube_lm3875_gainclone_1.jpg
    franz_tube_lm3875_gainclone_1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 561
Internal pics? Of course...

The boards where made by digi01 and me. Some errors on it :xeye:

Just to avoid confusion in this thread: this is NOT an Aikido Gainclone. It is a tube buffered inverting t-net gainclone.

Franz

I mistyped
E188CC tubes are the special matched section, low noise and microphonics version of the E88CC/6922.
This tube is also known as 7308.

Other similar triodes (to ECC88) are PCC88, CCa and CV2492..

And of course E288CC / 8223, are absolute top sounding special quality E188CC / 7308. They are not exactly the same as the E88CC / 6922. They work for example at a little more heater current (0.475A against 0.3A). Also they have different amplification and plate impedance, but this is not problem in common E88CC circuits.

And then we have the russian 6H1pi and 6H23pi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.