Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Hacking the Logitech Z5500
Hacking the Logitech Z5500
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2012, 08:48 AM   #401
Mordi1984 is offline Mordi1984
diyAudio Member

p.s. after a while i set a signal to the center channel, it sounds distroed!
the strange sound in background is not anymore, it stoped after a while, sound is clear but only center and rear dont work when i set a signal on this or really quiet.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:24 AM   #402
diyAudio Member

and by the way, i connect my input like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

have something changed?
i changed my HCT139 too, first i thought that this part is damaged, but it wasnt the foult, i changed the Diode and it wasnt working too, then i changed the resitor at the power supply ant it runs again, but the 2 Channels stress me!
Old 7th March 2012, 09:39 AM   #403
diyAudio Member

hi all.
now i finished my project!
it work now!
first my transistor for +18V was damaged. i fixef it then
my rear and center speaker was very very quiet and sometimes all speakers become noise and sound like a wind in background ( hope u know what i mean)
i look for the voltage on the small IC on every channel and i sas that on the damaged channels the voltage is not 16.50. they where about 15V
the resistor 100 Ohm close to the ELCO 47uF where damaged and little bit black. and now Ohm anymore. i fixed it and the IC got only 6.50V and become really hot!
i put the resistora away and switch off the power supply from the IC and bridge it like the picture!
the channel sounds loud like every other (maybe a little bit louder i think)
iam very happy now!

Greeting Lucas

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:36 AM   #404
mis is offline mis
diyAudio Member

Is there really no one has modding pictures of the old RCA?
Old 23rd March 2012, 05:23 PM   #405
TeDeV is offline TeDeV  Greece
diyAudio Member

hey guys, i have a set of z5500 and my control pod is working just fine. the problem is that i want to connect my sub with my Onkyo receiver

I have taken an RCA from the onkyo sub exit, and using a 3.5mm adapter i have connected it to the Center/Sub input in the control pod. then using the Analogue input at 6.1 i can get some "sound" to the sub, but it is not loud at all.

so i was thinking that it probably is my pod's fault. I was thinking of buying this cable

Logitech Z-5500 Control Pod Bypass Subwoofer Cable 5.1 | eBay

maybe this will make the sub to work properly with my onkyo?
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:13 PM   #406
diyAudio Member

Good Evening,

1.) Mis, can u show me some pictures of your Z5500 RCA? my was an RCA too and now it works!

2.) Does somebody know how i connect an
Potentiometer to change Volume, cause now its very loud and i change it with my Computer.
Ive read something, now i got 5V on this pin, when i put an Potentiometer in, is it possible to set the Voltage to 2V that its more quiet?

Greets Mordi

Old 25th March 2012, 02:34 PM   #407
mis is offline mis
diyAudio Member

Here is outside picture of my RCA
My PID number is 441R.
On the second page forum member undertone worked, even a fairly well explained,but without pictures.
But I see that last couple months and member KILLER_K is looking for a little bit more information,
which was by the way ignited the regulator.
So I'm afraid that something goes wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goodqq22012-03-25 15.50.48.jpg (272.5 KB, 722 views)
Old 26th March 2012, 08:24 PM   #408
KILLER_K is offline KILLER_K  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis View Post
But I see that last couple months and member KILLER_K is looking for a little bit more information,
which was by the way ignited the regulator.
So I'm afraid that something goes wrong.

Hi,
I'm currently still looking for some more regulators. As everywhere I have found makes you buy a large amount. Or either charges you like $30 bucks to ship them out to you. I was just going to buy about 12 or so in case anyone else needed some. As you shouldn't have to go through that much stress to get some parts shipped to you. Thanks

Last edited by KILLER_K; 26th March 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 27th April 2012, 06:45 AM   #409
atigraph is offline atigraph  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

hello
how many milliamperes of 8 V voltage?
this is coming to 18V or
the 15V + -
Old 9th May 2012, 07:34 PM   #410
hchamp is offline hchamp
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have a busted Z-5450 system, and I was hoping to use the subwoofer into a Yamaha receiver with a Sub out.

In the past, I had used the L/C/R speakers by just putting the wires into the back of a stereo, I also clipped the red/black wires coming out of the subwoofer and put them directly into a stereo (I guess this meant it was being used as a passive sub). I recently got a new receiver with a single Sub out, and I am hoping to connect this somehow from the amp.

I have also seen an option of buying a Lepai Hifi Stereo Amp (20 Watts), but I'd rather try to use what I have, since I have a soldering iron and wires.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend me.

Hacking the Logitech Z5500Hide this!Advertise here!