Hacking the Logitech Z5500

Hi I'm new:) yesterday my control pod from my z-5500 stuck on message "detecting", I know the best way is to replace it on warranty and I did it I'm waiting for new one:) But please tell me did anyone fix it by yourself, probably I don't have to send it back so I can do what I want. It worked 2 weeks PID: R932, please help:)

Good morning!

I've managed to make some arrangements. What I have done the end has been to use an old Pioneer DC-Z83 amplifier and then connected 4 speakers and the two left (front and rear) in series in the far left channel and the two rights (front and rear) in series in the right channel.

For subwoffer've found a way to amplify the input signal subwoffer. So I have all signal wires connected to the GND least the center speaker and subwoffer. To turn the amplifier +8v connected to the blue wire. In doing so he hears a biiiiiiiiiii .... but biiiiiiiiii ... stops when I connect the signal wire subwoffer with any other signal wire, I decided to choose the signal wire to the center speaker.
The subwoffer signal cable is connected to a mini jack that is connected to the PC

Ideally, run all the speakers using the amplifier of the Z5500, but I could not.

I just want to find ways to regulate subwoffer sound than from the same PC, since it is usually the PC is the highest and subwoffer sounds too ... I guess with the adjustable resistor (pot) "PC -> pot -> subwoffer" I will adjust the volume.

Greetings!

PS automatically translated text. I've checked and it seems coherent, if something does not make sense Ask me :).

News:

Do not understand why but now it seems that connecting cables, blue and red (to turn the amp) run all speakers under center.

I connected two stereo minijack cable signal for each pair of speakers, and one for the subwoofer.

There goes the problem:

When I turn on the amp, subwoffer starts ringing bbuuuuuuu..... quite annoying. And if you have the minijack connected to the PC all the speakers start making a buzzing sound and audio quality is pretty bad; but I can listen music from PC :).

I can not think where he might be the fault, the minijack cables are good, with its protection of ferrite and to eliminate such parasites.

Any ideas? Thank you.

PD: translated automatically.

Help with Z5500 Internal Wiring

Hi - would someone be so kind as to post a shot or two of the wiring coming up from the transformer? I have dual blocks wired with various black, blue and 1 orange and I seemed to have done something wrong as I keep blowing fuses. I swapped the amp/guts from a dead sub/good amp to a good sub/dead amp and realized too late that all I really had to do was unbolt the transformer, undo some ties, remove the sub wiring and move the whole assembly.....d'oh!! :warped:

My logitech Z5500 bass speaker not working

Hi Friends,
My Logitech z5500 bass speaker is not working.All the speakers are working fine but no sound from the bass speaker.My control pod also working well with the woofer volume is showing but no sound from woofer.I have tested the woofer speaker,it's working fine.
I think one of the two bridged TDA 7294 chip might gone but i'm unable to find out the fault.
Plz let me know the testing procedure for the bridged TDA 7294 bass amplifier.Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Sunny

Last edited:
Hello, this looks like exactly the place for me to ask my question.

A couple of weeks ago, my Z-5500 controlpanel died, and I havn´t been able to use my speakers ever since.
Nothing makes it work and my warranty has worn off so really its just to throw the whole package in the trash.

But I´ve on places like this noticed that the subwoofer is hackable to be used without the controlpod. And you guys seem to like pro´s at this.

So I wonder, how can I with my friends help who is a bit of a electrician make my Z-5500 subwoofer to fit in to one of my Subwoofer-Preout on my Onkyo TX-607?
What pins need to be used and so on?
I would be very much grateful for replies and help.
And sorry for my english, I´m from Sweden so it´s not the best.

.Carl

yes there is :)
Put a resistor with a resistance between, well lets say, 5 KOhm and 10 KOhm on pin 2 and the + of the sub preout. Then pin 6, 7 and 12 on the - of the sub preout.

Then i use a TX-SR506 receiver, and i can set de subpreout level between -15db and +15db. If i set the sub level arround 0db its almost a natural bass sound. So you can turn the bass volume almost off (-15db) or you can blow out your windows (+15db) :p

Also what i really like on the onkyo TX-SR506 is the sub cutoff/crossover freq...
Hope this helps you a little!

Looked it up and those things were really cheap! A little more than ten dollars for all the cables and **** that´s needed for it to work.
I lay and order now, and will let you guys know how it goes, by the end of the week I hope.
I have the big brother of your receiver, so I think that it will kick ***.
btw, what have you put the crossover freq. on? like 17Hz?