Q Orion HCCA 2100 competition amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have had fortune enough to add to my collection an HCCA 2100 Competition Amplifier and I asked from Directed Audio a owners manual for it and they gave me an gen2 amps maual. I had to ask them again that do the digital reference an the competiton amp share the same manual and preformance. My reply was that they are the same.

Now I wonder, is it totaly BS when owners and retailers say that HCCA 2100 competition amp double its output power from 2 ohm mono to 1 ohm mono (1600Wrms @12VDC and the current draw is about 160A)? Or is the output power what the manual tells me (800Wrms@2ohm mono, 800Wrms@1ohm mono)?

I would be very happy if someone can explain this to me.

There are 2 2100's that have the same housing and different words on them.The insides are different because the motherboard is remade but, put out the same.One has the star and moon witch i like beter and the other is the amp that has the words competition amp on it.They are great amps and the manuals are the same for the two.The amps are unregulated power so it will depend on how much power you give it.Give it more power and it will get louder and it depends on the speaker ohm you use and how you wire them as to the amount of watts you will get.you will get more watts out of the amp at 1 ohm rather than 4ohm.But, the sound quality will go down in my experence with the lower ohm load.People are not BS you when they tell you what the amp will do and the amp will do more than what the manual says.These amps are back when people din't need flashy lights,stupid tricks and big number stickers to sell amp.Most of the amps today made people are not going to be looking for in 15 years,I will bet on that!I hope this helps.If you look at a couple of my post in the last couple of day i have been talking about the 2100.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.