Noob questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If my stereo's output says that it provides a preamp level signal do i need a preamp?

I would like to build an active crossover (w/ highpass and lowpass) with dedicated amp for sub does anyone have a schematic?

does anyone have schematics for a class d amp that would power a 300 watt(max) subwoofer(bazooka rx-t126dvc)?

is this the correct progression?
stereo(16 watts/channel)=>pamp=>active crossover==highpass/lowpass

highpass=>amp=>midrange speakers(bazooka rs600S)

Lowpass=>amp=>sub(bazooka rx-t126dvc)

One last question my midranges have a frequency response curve at what dB level should i set my cutoff frequency and what order crossover should i use?

thaks in advance for any answers

ps sorry for the poor diagraming:D

no, the stereo is the preamp

someone will, but not me. I could design one, but it wouldn't have any of the protection circuitry that one of the ones that would be posted will, so you should probably wait.

not I

no, stereo => amp (with built in highpass) => components
and stereo => amp (with built in lowpass) => sub
or if your amps don't have filters built in, use the ones in the headunit
or if your headunit doesn't have filters built in you can use an active crossover between the stereo and the amps

The frequency response rating for your components is meaningless
try setting the freq at ~80hz and adjust by ear from there, a 2nd order butterworth is normally fine, but some people prefer a 4th order butterworth or l/r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.