your opinion please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i wanted to know if the "DUAL" trademark is a good company for subwoofers?? or are they cheap. because i just bought two 12" subwoofers in a 4-port (4"), dual-chamber bandpass design its 1,100 watts max power and 600 watt RMS and magnet size is 38 oz. Neodymium. 4 ohms, single voice coil, and it says the efficiency is 89db, Frequency response: 24 - 180Hz is this any good?? or is it regular kind??? -thanks

i am going to go and buy rockford fosgate amp,wiring,capacitors, and a alpine cd player. what amp should i get though?? like how many watts? i am new to all this. -thanks

Dual is a very bad brand, easily the most unreliable brand they carry at Best Buy, even the employees hate it. Prefab bandpass boxes are also very bad from a sound quality perspective, they'll get very loud at one frequency and that's it, they sound terrible on music. If it's at all possible I would return it immediately.

As for the rest of the stuff, RF amps aren't bad but they're pretty expensive for what you get, wiring kits at stores like best buy and circuit city are a generally a ripoff, but without buying online you can't do much better, and capacitors are pretty much useless across the board.

DUAL is a cheap brand. I would return it or refund if that's possible. But if you got stuck with it, you shouldnt spend that much on the amps and wiring.

buying wiring is a total rip-off from most any store. I buy my wire in bulb from the local electronics shop by the foot. They also have cheap connectors and fuse holders.

The capacitor shouldn't help you much, so save your money.

As far as the amp, I'd recommend getting an inexpensive amp, but look for real RMS wattages (CEA specs). Also look at the fuse, try to get one fused at at least 30-40 amps.

I find that "real" watts are general about half of the maximum current the fuse wil let in, I.E 14.4 volts times the fuse rating in amps.

I'm recommending going cheap, since if you get some expensive amps and wiring, you would be better off getting cheaper amps and better subs.

ok but lets say that i sell the dual ones and i buy two 12" alpines in a regular box would that be better then what i have? or i could buy two 12" fosgate's punch in a regular box, then after that i could buy the good stuff right? and it would sound way better then what i have?

i just want to have like the loudest,deepest bass and make people go wow!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.