3 adire shivas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an audiobahn A8002t.I dont know if i want to bridge all three in 4ohm,or run 2 at 200w and bridge the third in tri-mode and the third will get 400w these will also be 4 ohm.The amp is 2 ohm stable but i dont know if i want to run these with that much power.I you can give me some advise that will be greatly appreciated.But most likely I am gonna bridge all tree @ 4ohm.thanks and please send any suggestions.

The shiva's can definately handle the power. Just make sure that you set your gains on your amp correctly. The thing that usually blows speakers is distortion. I am not a fan of any audiobaun equipment. To me they are highly overated. An amp that I would recommend is the jbl 600.1 or 1200.1 both are good amps for the money.

specs on the shiva

Shiva Diameter: 12 1/4
Cutout: 11" Front Mount Height: 3/4"
Front Mount Height: 3/4"
Front Mount Rear Depth: 5 1/8
Displacement: 3 liters

Re 2.9 ohms

Le 2.12 mH

Qms 6.5

Mms 125 grams

Qes .40

Cms 0.47 mm/N

Qts 0.38

Rms 2.54 N*s/m

Fs 21 Hz

Sd 481 cm^2

Vas 151 liters

BL 11.30

Xmax 16.6mm one way

EBP 51.12

SPL 87.3 dB @ 1W/1m

No 0.37%

Pmax 375W per voice coil; 650W total to the driver

Distortion <3%, 16 Hz - 200 Hz, @ 100 dB SP

Yes you can adj to see the diff it makes. But if you are using a sealed box it will only make it sound worst. Like I stated above it is used for ported boxes. IF say you have your box tuned to 25hz you would set your ssf to 25 hz. You will notice a difference in sound.

OK Assuming that you can tune it within a 2.5 cf box Vented, with a large vent ( min 4" dia= 22" long vent ) Assuming that you can get cabin gain starting around 90 Hz or so, you'dk hit about 130 dB at around 26Hz. This is using 300Watts input at which point it is excursion limited around 40Hz.

With three of these connected we probably would hit around 140dB.

why are you tuning to 23Hz, a 30-35Hz tune is pleantly low enough in a car. With higher tuning you will gain much more efficiency from the enclosure.

Have the subsonic filter set about 5Hz below tuning, basically when you tune a box by porting it, in effect the driver is running free air below the tuning frequency, the subsonic blocks out all the waves below its set frequency. The steepness of the slow effects where you should position it compared to your box tuning, but between 2-5 Hz should provide adequate protection.

download WinISD pro

Download WinISD pro

The shiva is already entered. You can model the SPL curve for different basic box designs. (Including SPL per a given amount of power and max SPL).

You can adjust the port w/l + box size and see the effect on the SPL curve. It has some problems, but is good for a general idea. Also remember that you'll have some help at the bottom end from cabin gain in a car.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.