Sini Sky Digital Dish

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I was thinking about installing sky digital in my car I know you have to point the dish a cirten way and was thinking about using some sort of digital compass and moding it to turn my dish to the right direction. I also would like to seat the dish on the back parcel shelf so wanted to try and make some sort of mini dish small enough to fit on it. I was wondering if anyone had done this before or you knew of any infomation regaging the dishes.

Thanks in advance

Martin Tyler

this idea is a non starter for so many reasons.
1 sat and dish need a line of sight connection with no obstructions. ( so no buildings, trees or traffic lights in the way).
2 sat and dish need to be in perfect alignment even 1 degree out will cause your signal to disappear ( think how much you change direction when you drive even a little bit not just turning corners but changing lanes, avoiding potholes, bikes, other cars, little old ladies etc.).
3 I'm no expert but I seem to remember that sat signals do not pass through glass or metal or headlining( so no parcel shelf mount).
4 sky mini dishes are about as small as you can get without losing a lot of signal. ( so no mini ones for that back shelf)

I would suggest freeview as an alternative but speaking as someone who has incar TV don't bother, even trying to get normal tv is bad enough and thats with a diversity antenna. As soon as you start moving the picture turns to sxxt.

Save your cash for a different project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.