I need mids and highs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 01 grand-am, and plan on installing some 5.25 in the front and 6x9 in the back for mids and highs. My question is who's the best mananfacturer in this category? I prefer a componet set in the 5-1/4 front speakers. I would greatly appreciate any help.

The "best" 5.25 components could easily cost a couple thousand dollars. You need to include a budget price when you ask this.

Besides, you'll get a dozen opinions because everybody's tastes are different. Better off going to a car audio shop and listening for yourself.

Mal,

If you want to get the best quality for the money stay away from the car stereo speakers and assemble your own system from raw drivers from Madisound. You can put together a component 5.25 system and have them design a computer optimized crossover for you for 25 USD. There is a massive amount of marketing hype in the car stereo field and you will not always get what you pay for.

By this method you can have a very high end system for 200 - 400 USD for each end of the car. With this method you can also build the crossover out of the quality of components that you can afford and there are other things that you can do that will increase the sound quality significantly with little added cost.

Hezz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.