Help With MP3 Deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

My Premier finally crapped out on me (five years in a trail truck, not too shabby) so I went out and picked up a JVC KD-AR3000 deck to replace it. The thing plays MP3s and works okay (not too impressed with the EQ), but it won't play MP3s in order. It just plays whatever it feels like. It plays them in the same order every time, but it's not alphabetical, it's not date, it's not file size, it's not machine order. The playlist on the MP3 disc is in the correct order.

Any ideas on how to combat this? I'm one of those freaks that likes things to go in the right order so it bothers the hell out of me that Schizm doesn't play after Mantra, you know what I mean?

Thanks

Mael

I've been using Roxio 6. I've tried numerous ways of getting them in the right order. When you make a MP3 disc for players, Roxio creates a playlist (.m3u) and those check out fine, but whether or not I burn them with with playlist, the deck still plays them randomly.

If one of the other burning programs will make it work right, that'd be great.

wierd, roxio creates a playlist when you create mp3 discs? that shouldn't be? ".m3u" files should be at your own choice... anyhow.. I don't have much experience with Roxio 6 as I've dropped them and switched to Nero quite a while back. I've been burning my CD's with Nero...

Now, i wouldn't want ya to run out and buy nero, as I'm sure roxio should be able to get things working for you.

Heres the thing: The deck plays the mp3 files in the order that the writing software writes them. So the playing order may not be the same as the order you input them. You might want to do some research into this....

Are you using their "MP3 disc" Project option?

I have used both the MP3 Player option, and the raw data option. Both end in the same result.

I agree that it's the order the software is writing the files. That's the only thing that makes sense. I can give Nero a try, I have a copy of it laying around here somewhere.

I wonder if Roxio has a support forum. I should look into that.

Thanks for the ideas.

- Mael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.