Monacor Carpower Wanted 2/160 Scheme

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and I don't know if I'm posting on the right site. The fact is that I have a Monacor Carpower Wanted 2/160 amplifier and I need the PCB schematic or a well-detailed photo. I tried to repair it some time ago and removed some components. And now I don't quite remember where they were placed.

Hello everyone, I am sorry I could not answer before since I have been very busy and I could not post what I have been doing. I was doing some tests and I have managed to place the components in the correct way. At first the defective channel gave me 25v continuous and smoke came out of the speaker. But surprisingly, the speaker still works. In the end I replaced an A1266 transistor that was shorted and managed to eliminate the 25v. But now, the problem is that the sound sounds distorted. It is very strange because it seems as if it is You will hear only some sounds. I changed all the C3198 transistors and all the A1266 transistors of that channel and the problem continues. I have noticed that one of the amplification transistors, the TIP36C, of ​​that channel is always cold. I have checked it with the multimeter and the readings seem correct right now i'm out of ideas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-161133_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-161133_Gallery.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Do you have a scope?

The diagram below is from a larger amp but the basic circuit for the audio section may be similar.

Thank you very much for the scheme. I don't have an oscilloscope. I only have a digital multimeter. What components should I keep checking? Could the fault be in the preamp stage? Could the bad sound be caused by an op amp? I have ordered the NJM4560L transistor just in case, on the other hand it is very rare that the TIP36C is always cold and everyone else is hot.

When an output transistor isn't heating but the one that's working with it is heating up, the output is typically doing nothing because it's not being driven or because it's defective (generally shorted).

You can eliminate the preamp stage as an issue by taking the signal at R25/R25R and swapping the feeds to those resistors. If the distortion follows the signal, it's a preamp problem.

Without a scope, it's difficult to troubleshoot a distorted signal. The best you may be able to do is to compare readings across every component (no power applied) with the multimeter.

When an output transistor isn't heating but the one that's working with it is heating up, the output is typically doing nothing because it's not being driven or because it's defective (generally shorted).

You can eliminate the preamp stage as an issue by taking the signal at R25/R25R and swapping the feeds to those resistors. If the distortion follows the signal, it's a preamp problem.

Without a scope, it's difficult to troubleshoot a distorted signal. The best you may be able to do is to compare readings across every component (no power applied) with the multimeter.

Thank you very much for the help. I am going to do some tests and then post it. So if it sound any sound even if it is distorted, does it mean that the TIP36C is working? It may be operating at a very low intensity and therefore not heats up?