Car amplifier Calibra stealth driver chip repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day folks

This is my first post. I have a Calibra Stealth CAIH 2200
450 watt rms car amp that I am repairing for myself.

Was going to trash it and use it for a heat sink for my inverter project lol. But came across a nice amp repair chanel on YouTube that inspired me to test it. I think it was water damaged
In my car since my boot was leaking.

Tested all the fets and rectifiers seem ok. I am new to amplifier repair, but electronics is my hobby and I am a qualified Electrical technician.

I would like to know if anyone here could tell me the model of the driver chip since it was sanded off by the factory.

Thanks.

Its been known for companies to rebrand their makes or models when exported to a foreign company , according to the USA government trade policies countries external to the USA are classed as "foreign " countries and that includes the UK.

Its possibly sold under a different name in the USA or its an "export only " design , the UK did the same many old tube radios were "export only " with stations marked in the country it was sent to.

I will try Tor in case I am being restricted in my searches but I keep getting --ZA .

Class D amplifier?
Calibra Stealth CA1ch2200 Mono 2200w Amplifier - Sounds Limited
/
calibra20stealth20amp.jpg

Last edited:
Same one OldDIY

Thanks guys for your help....hope it helps someone out there too.

I'm also keen on Valve tube amps built a 100watt Marshall tone stack push pull using electrico harmonix el34 x 4 tubes
And 12AX7 preamp tubes. Man it felt amazing when I got it to work. I felt I can build anything after that lol.

Now I'm hooked on electonics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.