Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Cars with best factory stereo
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2021, 04:45 PM   #11
MatthewS is offline MatthewS  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MatthewS Send a message via MSN to MatthewS Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewS
These day's i'd say don't consider the quality of the factory stereo system but instead consider how easy it is to replace in terms of kits, adapters, and so forth. Things are getting pretty elaborate. Some makes/models offer an option delete for the stereo so ask about that. They'll give you the car sans any audio equipment and you just populate it yourself.

I haven't met a factory stereo I liked since the 1989 Pontiac 6000le. Yes, you read that correctly.
Old 9th February 2021, 10:06 PM   #12
Dr Zeus is offline Dr Zeus  United States
diyAudio Member

New, we bought a 2014 Kia Sorento with Nav and the Infiniti stereo package. I know I know.. Kia, right? Have yet to see another vehicle come with a better system including my Nissan/Rockford Fosgate setup in my Nissan Frontier, and the upgraded Sony setup in my F150. That Kia blew them away - it would shake the mirrors and dip the voltage gauge at idle lol. I'm sure that is in your price range also. I think we spent $24k fully loaded that was 7 years ago though.

Last edited by Dr Zeus; 9th February 2021 at 10:09 PM.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:39 PM   #13
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

I drive a LOT, between NJ and OH -- it's 440 miles each way, usually every second week. the Ford Expedition windscreen is much lower noise than the other SUV's we've owned.

1960's music was mixed so as to be hearable over road noise, giving a nod to the fact that most radios were a.m. only.
  Reply to this post

Cars with best factory stereoHide this!Advertise here!