Kicker CXA360.4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having a little trouble with this Kicker. Had one output transistor, D718. I have replaced it and didn't find not other components shorted in the channel.

When I apply power the amp cycles in and out of protect. The outputs are out of the amp now, and it is still doing it.

Pics

Attachments

• Kicker CXA360_4 V1.jpg
    Kicker CXA360_4 V1.jpg
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Kicker CXA360_4 V2.jpg
    Kicker CXA360_4 V2.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 77
What channel was the shorted D718 in? Did you replace both the D718 and B688?

You may need to load up the amp with fresh output's. if the amp still flashes in and out of protection, is there an accompanying current draw?

Lifting DP4 and D52-1N4148 (Both will be on the PWM daughter board) will disable output and DC Protection, and allow you to troubleshoot the bad channel. You can also desolder the pin on daughter board that is connected to either cathode of DP4 and D52.

"If the amp still flashes in and out of protection, is there an accompanying current draw?"

Yes just for a quick sec, it may go up to 4-5 amps and drop out. Power supply voltage never drops any. The rail voltage drops out though. Amp will then come back on and then back into protection.

Like I mention before, if I remove middle legs of rectifiers from circuit, the power supply works but, the protection light stays lit

Okay ignore my previous comment, I was mistaken about lifted the pin card. You will have to lift the diodes in order to disable protection. You may have to remove card to do this.

This will allow you to troubleshoot deeper into channel 2. It's also possible there is another bad channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.