Dual Kicker Hideaway install/setup

Hi there. I was hoping someone could help... I’ve had and was happy with the kicker hideaway 8” for almost a year now. Simple install. Decent sound.

I recently just got a deal on the hideaway 10”.

I unplugged the 8” and plugged the harness into the 10” under the driver seat and its just absolutely incredible. Crazy improvement, much more than I could have expected.

But now I want the 8” under the passenger seat.
My question is how is the dual setup recommended? Can I just tap into the wiring from the already installed hideaway
or
do I have to run all new wires to the head unit and another (2nd) the fuse line holder to the battery for the (2nd) hideaway?

Really hoping I could just splice into the wires already ran to the head unit and the battery... anyone know if is this even possible? Or how a dual kicker hideaway setup should go....

I’m not an expert. But I did install all the below on my own. I’m just unsure to to add to this.
If that makes no sense see below:
Setup in my Jeep
Alpine ILXW650 head unit (with piggy back alpine amp)
Kicker 6.5 x 4
Kicker 3.5 x 4

Kicker hideaway 10” sub (has own amp)
Fuse line holder to battery
Blue power to head unit
Speaker wire to RCA’s to head unit
Ground.

Simple.

Wanting to add - but not sure how? All new wires and setup? Or splice into current hideaway wires that are already ran?
Kicker hideaway 8” sub (has own sub)

I will look into this, but at first glance I'm not sure this would be an improvement, and may substract from the quality. I think two HS10's would be better. I'm sure there is a way to add more hideaways, because I've seen it. In fact we had a wall of HS8's at Sema and CES and they where impressive.

Okay, so you can splice into the existing power cables, but I would recommend that you run the other harness direct to the battery for power. How are you turning on the hideaway's. Are you using the remote turn on from the HU? If so splicing the blue wire's would work.

If nothing else splicing the audio cables will do. I suppose you could use a Y adapter and four RCA cables to reach of the HS inputs.

This is an email I received from a co worker. Hope this is helpful.

I’d recommend a set of RCA y-adapters behind the radio. We have the KIYFM which will plug into the SUB output of his radio and split the RCAs to 2 pairs of female RCAs so he can plug in the HS8 and HS10.

He will need to run a new power wire under the hood for the second hideaway.

Also if he is using a bass knob he’d have to use two now… Better to just control the sub volume with the sub control on the head unit…

Awesome. Thank you for the advice!! I appreciate it.

If anyone was considering the Kicker 46HS10 hideaway it’s literally incredible. I mean the difference between the 8 and the 10 is amazing. I was satisfied with the 8” hideaway but it was lacking in some areas. The 10” is literally 5 times more clear and clean and deeper bass. Just awesome. Well worth the upgrade so much that I’m debating if I even need to use the 8” at all.

Hello everyone I'm installing two SSL Lo Pro 10's in my 2015 Nissan Frontier extended cab. Exact same install....

My thoughts were to run power back from the battery through the firewall to the sub area at the rear seats and split it with a two way power block there.
Then I will run two legs of power (one to each unit)and fuse each leg individually.

I will jump the remote wires from one sub to the other sub and from that sub back to the HU. Also, instead of using RCA Y splits at the HU and running two cables from there I will run one cable to the sub area and split it there and run one shorter RCA to the second sub. Of course I will run independent grounds from both the units to the nearby seat bolts(freshly cleaned and connective)

I also want to run one 2.5 farad capacitor to be used for both subs (1200Watts per sub)so I planned to do that prior to the power block split. Does anyone see an issue with this method? I would appreciate your input as well.:)