Amp power but no sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

You're going to call me stupid for buying a cheap amp, and more stupid for buying it on ebay... but that's what I did. I got a soundstorm 700.2 amp to power my 2 10" mtx subs. I got everything hooked up and the amp powers on, except no sound comes out. I tried the amp on different speakers and it still did not work. What would the steps be to testing/fixing this amp?

Thanks

I assume when the power is on a led lights up on the amp?

Well power and no sound could be many things.

One obvious thing, check your leads[interconnects] with multimeter to see if this is a broken wire.As all cheap and defintaly all free interconnects don't last long,especially if moved about,twisted etc.

If its not the signal cable at fault.Make sure the source is playing properly CD or whatever.

Lastly if it is the amp,and it gives no sound mostly likely its a broken solder joint or some connection corroded and broken[most likely the signal input terminals or speaker terminals].
If thats all fine,check with multi-meter of course.

Then it is the output transistors most likely which are fried.
Which can but not always expensive to replace depending on the amp and wattage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.