JL Audio 500/5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this JL Audio 500/5 Rev 1 it plays on rear and sub. However it doesn't play on Front left or right. Moved selector switches and many combinations to no effect. All LED's on the boards are lit. I did clean all the switches before I got the rear and subs to play.

There are no shorted or open FET's. What am I missing?

I did, I believe that I found the problem before I put it away for the night. There was a loose piece of solder between the rectifier middle and outer leg. Must have happened when I was removing old solder from 33 ohm resistor and resoldering it.

It then set there with power applied and not pulling in current at all... Then I had all my LED's back on and the rear and sub channels still working. Not the front though.

Well guess what, once I put the amp back together to truly test it. I noticed that with only power applied and no remote, I had a small current flow. When the amp was working and no remote, I had no current flow. So I applied remote, Low Impedance light comes on and no LED's lit up on any of the driver boards. Hence I am now back to square 1.
What causes the Low Impedance light to come on?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.