Mosfet Reasonaleb b b ú⁶p1 Thermal Transfer Solutions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few question about replacing the silicone tacky type. It always tears when attempting to removebit from the old transistors or mosfets. Where can this be purchased or should i just stick to mica or kapton tape?
I only have 100 to-247 mica insulators.
And 1 and 2mil kapton is this thick enough or do i need the expensive 5mil kapton tape?
Can the other silicon type tape be purchaed? If so where?

The thicker the tape, the poorer the thermal transfer. 1mil kapton is good for more than 1000v.

The type of Kapton also matters. The stuff that's clear/amber is HN and isn't as conductive as MT (not transparent). The MT is much more expensive.

The other types of tape are harder to find in small quantities and are generally very expensive.

For harder insulators like kapton or mica, it's absolutely critical that you get the transistors aligned perfectly with the face of the heatsink. That's why I recommend using jigs to hold the FETs in alignment when soldering them into the board.

I have the mica insulators and the small to-220 and to-247 silicone type as well. But this is for a DC Audio 5k output transistors. I only have the 1mil/2mil Amber kapton.

Attachments

• 16062912468216332850147777795101.jpg
    16062912468216332850147777795101.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 47
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.