Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PPI pro mos 450 pulses when powering on
PPI pro mos 450 pulses when powering on
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st December 2020, 08:03 AM   #31
GEM 592 is offline GEM 592  United States
diyAudio Member

I wonder if putting foam strip on the tabs would do more harm than good.

The thermal tape is non-adhesive. Perhaps compound under it would help.

Thank you for your help.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:05 AM   #32
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

You definitely need compound on the top and bottom of the tape if it's non-adhesive.
Old 1st December 2020, 09:39 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

OK I straightened a few bent tabs, added heavy compound below tape, added heavy compound on each device, straightened all devices to lay flat (just pushing each with my finger they stick down flat and stay), torqued down back panel very well. Ready to test again.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:12 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

When you test, use a current limiter or a 10 amp fuse. It may save parts if there is still a problem.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:17 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Like 3 or 4 songs in, sink is warming up little. Never played this long at least, so if it fails again I probably just need to go back and improve the heat sink mating more. I think it is really really good now though.

Thank you very much Perry for your help, knowledge, and patience.
Old 1st December 2020, 01:08 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

I've been rechecking the clamp screws when it warms up.

It seems like it is repaired. Sounds very very good, better than I was expecting honestly.

I don't suppose anyone has a solution for the speaker output plug problem. I remember seeing somebody did a custom deal.
Old 1st December 2020, 03:25 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

The spacing is a bit odd.

I know this probably isn't what you want but I'd remove and keep the terminal in case you find a mate for it.

Some people solder wires to the board and go out a few inches to a screw-type terminal strip. Something even easier, go out a couple of inches to male/female push-on connectors.

These aren't fancy but they do no harm, either.

PPI pro mos 450 pulses when powering onHide this!Advertise here!