A/D/S power plate 80 and 100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Agreed that wasnt probably the most useful schematic. I mostly drew it to show the arrangement of the transistors in the circuit. I will hand draw one this week to cover that area. Not sure if it matters, but I have removed and bench tested every transistor on the audio board and they all test ok. Thanks again for your patience with me.

Ok, this took a bit. Not sure how far out in which direction I should go here. Is this helpful? the big arrow is ground for both rails (the one with the filter caps on it we have been using as reference when checking square wave)

q1 (q608) a733 PNP
q2 (q602) c945 NPN
q3 (q603) c945 NPN
r1 11k
r2 1.2k
r3 100k
c1 10v 100mf
r4 27k
r5 27k
st1 left speaker output pos
st2 right speaker output pos

Attachments

• p801.png
    p801.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 38
Why didn't you use the right designations on the diagram?

mF should be uF unless it's a huge capacitor.

That circuit appears to be the DC offset protection. You could remove those transistors and the amp would work normally. Try reconnecting the SCR gate and removing these one at a time, starting with Q1 to see if the amp shuts down.

the only relay for the amp is the one for 2 speaker vs 4 speaker. When powered up, yes it will switch when I push the button. Rail voltage goes from 33vac to 26vac when I depress the button. All tests have been performed with button out placing it in two speaker mode.
if that is of any import.

Q1 reinstalled, jumpers left in place. No rail voltage on either side.

Incidentally, prior to reinstalling the gate leg on the SCR, I did verify rail voltage. Then installed the gate leg and verified no rail voltage. Then after removing Q1, verified rail voltage.

Seems like the same result with jumpers in or not in when Q1 is installed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.