Boss CX3500D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I am attaching the waveform of high side fets. I want to know why the lines showing like double line it is not single nice smooth waveform. Is it ok?

Attachments

• 20201029_091548.jpg
    20201029_091548.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20201029_091332.jpg
    20201029_091332.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 76
I want to tell you something before I am trying those with ootocoupler.

The inductor was bad looking powdery inside I removed and used heat sink sleeve and wind back two turns.. Inductor still looks dirty so can't see proper. While it going into protect I am hearing a click noise near inductor.

There was big dry black glue on the 3 diodes and resistors in that place. I cleaned it thinking if that black substance is conducting pins. When I tried amp now it is not going into protect. But current pull is going up and down as the signal strength is increased or lowered. And mosfets getting hot. Gate drive is 100khz. Is all these sounding normal?

In similar amps, the inductors often shorted but it appears that the one in this amp is fixed solidly to the board. If the fixative appears to have been applied by someone other than the manufacturer, they may have done it to prevent the windings from wearing through.

As a side note, I've never seen the black fixative to be conductive. The beige fixative that turns black is the stuff that becomes conductive. Something in that area may have been damaged.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.