KICKER KX550.3 Amplifier. Part # help..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kickers three channel amplifier. I need to order these pcb mount vertical 20k potentiometers for the gain.
Does anyone have the part number?
The amplifier on the 2 channel clips badly, customer complained of it cutting in and out. Its something going on with the mute protection curcuit the relay is actually engadging then disengaging. If I ground my scope to the negative speaker speaker terminal. Measures 22k from main ground to speaker and sub -.

Attachments

• 16029682750154527551605967885981.jpg
    16029682750154527551605967885981.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Kickers three channel amplifier. I need to order these pcb mount vertical 20k potentiometers for the gain.
Does anyone have the part number?
The amplifier on the 2 channel clips badly, customer complained of it cutting in and out. Its something going on with the mute protection curcuit the relay is actually engadging then disengaging. If I ground my scope to the negative speaker speaker terminal. Measures 22k from main ground to speaker and sub -.

I am working with an 04KX5503 schematic. I think the amp is 02.

Lift R12-10k ohm, this may allow the amp to power up. If so, trace the signal through the input board. It's possibly a bad gain pot.

Channel 2? Is this the left, right or sub channel? Q101 & Q201-J108 are the mute for left and right channels. I doubt it's a muting issue, but check to be sure.

I beleive its the pot that is bad as well. Ill still trace it all out and check the mute curcuuts.
Part number for the pot?
I have been searching through pots for days. I would like to just get them ordered. I believe some are 50k, 20k. Anything to get me close.
Right channel and the left

Last edited:
I beleive its the pot that is bad as well. Ill still trace it all out and check the mute curcuuts.
Part number for the pot?
I have been searching through pots for days. I would like to just get them ordered. I believe some are 50k, 20k. Anything to get me close.
Have you tried taking one apart? It's possible to repair them if they are not too damaged.

The part number is not available, however there should be something similar online

Yes I clean them i believe it maybe something else. When I ground at left channel ground I can read my sin wave on both channels perfectly. When j ground my scope to the right channel n el ground, the relay will disengage and engage, as the amp draws current back and forth, up to 5amps back down, continuously. Until I pull my ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.