Rockford Fosgate Punch 250M2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What i’m asking is D305,306,307,308 are all the same part number or different?

Since on the schematic it says SS-803

Is the SS803 a part number or what is what i’m asking

Attachments

• 274067D0-BF61-42F3-ACBB-F4CFC7A65EAF.jpeg
    274067D0-BF61-42F3-ACBB-F4CFC7A65EAF.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 70
Back to this amp once again .

My scope will not lock on to a sone wave for some reason still .

I’ve replaced all opamps all smd transistors and checked everything single resistor in that channel and everything test good .i still get distorted output and can’t figure out why .

If the rail caps for rush channel are going bad could that cause this issue ?

What am I overlooking here .

I went through the entire channel 300 series parts ad everything that’s good .

I went through the entire preamp section everything tests good .

All of the 300 series diodes and transistors are brand new all of the components test good in the preamp section .

I still get distorted audio on the channel .

Should I remove one switch at a time and make solder bridges instead of the switches to see if one is bad ?

I’m going through this amp again .

I think my issue may be a power supply issue and it’s affecting the output .

Do you happen to know what voltage I should have on the gate legs of the power supply fets ?

I’m only getting 0.40 volts on the gate legs for the fets is this normal or shoood I have near 5 volts ?

This is a guess but it could be that the regulators were running too hot so they reduced the input voltage to 18v. Since the rail voltage is dependent on the 18/24v supply, they may have changed the resistor value to get the rail voltage back to where it should be. This assumes that you had the 12v supply voltage at the amp's terminals in the normal range (12-13.5v, give or take).

Well I’ve been chasing a problem with distorted audio thought the issue was in e channel or preamp section .

I fixed the connections on the power supply fets and the amp has clean audio out of both channels .

Thanks for your help and patience with me throughout this repair I greatly appreciate it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.