Mitsubishi RCA Jack Bad Interference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have pretty much zero knowledge in this area but would love to work this issue out with your expert help.

I have a 2009 Mitsubishi Pajero (Australia) with a stock stereo system, MMCS head unit, Rockford Fostgate sound system and a roof mounted DVD player. I believe the same system is used overseas and in America in the Mitsubishi Outlander.

I have an RCA jack in the cargo area of my vehicle that I want to use to play music from my phone and also run a video game console.

Whenever I use a 3.5mm to stereo RCA I get extremely bad static. If I use a games console with the RCA I get a blurry almost colourless image and NO sound at all.

I have used multiple cords, devices and a ground loop isolator. When I use the ground loop isolator on the 3.5mm I get NO sound.

I believe I've narrowed it down to only the cable that runs to the roof mounted DVD player unit from the rear RCA jack. As when I play DVD from this unit the sound and image that is transferred to the front head unit are fine.

The front head unit plays CD's and radio without issue.

I'd love some ideas of what to look at and try in order to solve this issue!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.