Hertz hp1d full rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amp is working now but there are more issues to solve.

Pre amp board, subsonic potentiometer is beyond repair. It has been cleaned up with contact cleaner and reflowed with new solder properly but with no success. If I press the plastic pole inwards really, really hard signal shows up. If there is no pressure applied, signal goes away. Amps work just fine with subsonic switch off, but i want to fix it.

I still can't find 2x6 pin configuration potentiometer as this one. It's VR8 a 100k value. All of the potentiometer are being marked as ALPS.

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 71
  • board2.jpg
    board2.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 73
  • pre1.jpg
    pre1.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Okay, I've disassembled it but i feel like there is a missing part or something is broken. Shouldn't this metal plates be one whole piece ? How do they connect to each another ?

This is my first potentiometer of that type i've taken apart, so :confused:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 68
The plastic "caps" holding the metal pieces on the pot were gone, they have been broken at some point...that make sense why they just fell of after I disassembled the potentiometer.

I don't have any like this from all of the salvage boards I've laying around. Any idea where I can buy new one ?

Amp is working now but there are more issues to solve.

Pre amp board, subsonic potentiometer is beyond repair. It has been cleaned up with contact cleaner and reflowed with new solder properly but with no success. If I press the plastic pole inwards really, really hard signal shows up. If there is no pressure applied, signal goes away. Amps work just fine with subsonic switch off, but i want to fix it.

I still can't find 2x6 pin configuration potentiometer as this one. It's VR8 a 100k value. All of the potentiometer are being marked as ALPS.
You have PM!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.