SoundStream AR1.4500D No Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I have square waves at the gates but I can’t calculate the frequency, I forget how to.🤔
The power light at times flicker (cycle) to protect at times back and fort randomly**

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 45
You will have to go further than normal since it's been inconsistent.

You need to monitor the drive signals while physically stressing all components (thermally as well as bending/twisting...). The problem could be on the main or driver board and could be due to an intermittent connection between the driver and main boards. Damaged vias cause a LOT of problems. Stress the components both before and after reinstalling the driver board.

If you don't find a problem, I'd suggest using low rail voltage but you'll have to decide to test that way or not. All testing mentioned above will have to be repeated after you again have rail voltage.

Well to be honest it only blew three fets out of six on one bank, and when that happen I was actually rocking the card in the socket that I mounted after you let me know the socket isn’t the best of practice as the OEM ones has parallel rows. Then after mounting the socket the unit start to display some erratic behavior so I think my soldering wasn’t thoroughly because of damage vias (even after the wiring there were two connections that failed the thru via continuity test)
So based on the gate drive waveform it would appears the card is working?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.