Orion Xtreme 800.4 one channel heavily disorted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm working on an Orion Xtreme 800.4 that has heavy distortion on only the right front channel. I've ran some voltage checks on some of the various components but all have checked good. Obviously I am over looking something. Anyone have any thoughts on what I should check?

I've have another thread going regarding the burnt voice coils in my 336is mid woofers. I had this amp sitting on the shelf and was going to use it to replace the one I am currently running. I did a bench test on it and found the distortion issue.

Perry, sort of off subject, if you would please take a look at my Orion NT6 blown voice coil post and tell me what your thoughts are...particularly to my question about the RCA cables. I asked that question because I did find an issue with one of the cables, actually it was the cable that feeds the channel which had the burnt out voice coil.

I attached a photo of the audio section of this amp. Can you show me where I should start?

On that voice coil thread, I seen where you had posted that. I triple checked the RCA ground shields. What I did find was with one of the RCA cables, the ground wire was touching the power wire inside the connector. It has the type of connector that screws together.

Attachments

• 20190810_234520.jpg
    20190810_234520.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.