Punch 225.2 first gen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First i really want to thank everyone for the help last time. But im back again, i recently acquired a punch 2 to 5.2 amp new it didn't work so I took it apart see what was going on had a blown transistor and somebody had I guess replaced it it doesn't look very well done at all was hoping anybody on here might have the schematics for it or can point me in the right direction on what I should do first I want to thank everybody again for the help

20190708_130737.jpg [/ATTACH][/ATTACH].. sorry bout the lengthy response time these pics bout whooped me tryna get em on here

Attachments

• 20190708_130737.jpg
    20190708_130737.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190708_130836.jpg
    20190708_130836.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 86
You would probably have to get a mod to do it but it's not that important.

The problem is twofold with posting off of the forum. One, the photos will disappear if the server they're stored on goes away. It happens quite a bit.

The other problem is that if someone types out a long reply and then clicks one of the off-forum images, everything they typed will often be lost. If this happens, I generally only post a short reply with no real detail. Others may retype everything but I don't have that much patience.

The board numbers are important to find the right diagram. Start a new thread for the 100.2.

Generic answer...

You can determine if the FETs are shorted or leaking badly in the board but for definitive testing (if you have good reason to believe that they're causing some problem), you have to remove them.

For power supply FETs, it's rare to have just one or two fail. For output transistors, on most small amps, it's common for only one or two to fail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.