Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Component Crossover for Sub and Tweeters?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th July 2019, 12:11 AM   #1
Sai Bhakta is offline Sai Bhakta
diyAudio Member

Default Component Crossover for Sub and Tweeters?

I am new to the car audio world and I have just finished my first project. I installed two 12 inch subwoofers and an amp in my 2016 Camaro with Bose System. I'm now thinking I want to play around with adding tweeters behind the driver's seat (unpopular decision...Ik... but It would be cool to test). Anyway, I'm an idiot and bought a monoblock amplifier for my subs. It is an 1100 watt max amplifier with 825watt RMS @2ohm. See specs below.

Here is my question... what is the easiest/cheapest way to add two tweeters to my system. Is it possible to just use a passive component crossover and install it after the amp and connect the sub and tweeters to that? Or will that overpower the tweeters? Add another amp? Get a two channel amp? There is probably a better solution. Any ideas?

Amplifier:
https://www.amazon.com/Watts-Mosfet-...e%2C188&sr=1-1

Subs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 7th July 2019, 12:30 AM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

I relocated your new thread to to the most appropriate forum, should get some good answers here. The analog forums are primarily for home hi-fi.
Old 10th July 2019, 08:53 PM   #3
AzeemSA is offline AzeemSA  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Hello Sai.

Congrats on your sound purchase, however, i would recomed you go for a 4 channel amp, 2 channels can be used for your subs and 2 channels for your tweeters.

the monoblock will work with your subs but the perfect recepie for dissaster is to connect tweeters to a monoblock.

tweeters dont present a huge load to an amp, so if you dont want to spendany more moola, u can experiment connecting the tweeters to the head unit direct.
Old 11th July 2019, 08:26 PM   #4
Gioba is offline Gioba  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Bhakta View Post
I am new to the car audio world and I have just finished my first project. I installed two 12 inch subwoofers and an amp in my 2016 Camaro with Bose System. I'm now thinking I want to play around with adding tweeters behind the driver's seat (unpopular decision...Ik... but It would be cool to test). Anyway, I'm an idiot and bought a monoblock amplifier for my subs. It is an 1100 watt max amplifier with 825watt RMS @2ohm. See specs below.

Here is my question... what is the easiest/cheapest way to add two tweeters to my system. Is it possible to just use a passive component crossover and install it after the amp and connect the sub and tweeters to that? Or will that overpower the tweeters? Add another amp? Get a two channel amp? There is probably a better solution. Any ideas?

Amplifier:
https://www.amazon.com/Watts-Mosfet-...e%2C188&sr=1-1

Subs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You can't connect the tweeters at your new amp, because you must to set the low-pass crossover for your sub.
For to install the tweeters you need another amp.
You can take an amp with high-pass or it's possible to buy the tweeters with passive crossovers included.

Component Crossover for Sub and Tweeters?Hide this!Advertise here!