Help Me Complete My 4Runner Upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Recently purchased my sister in law's mint 2000 4Runner SR5 Highlander. While an excellent truck, as someone who moderated high end home audio forums, it sounds terrible.

So far, I have added a Kenwood DDX 9705s, a pair of Dynaudio Esotec 6.5 Components, and am APC Amplifier to drive the Dynaudios.

As is stands, I plan to use the deck power to drive the rear speakers for fill leaving me with adding a subwoofer and amplifier. Prior, I used a 12W7 ProWedge with the metal bars across it with a JL 500/1.

So far. I have been looking at various 8 inch drivers to be used in a sealed enclosure as SQ is paramount. Mostly been looking at some of the Focal woofers as I loved the K2 Polykevlars that I used in my Land Cruiser years back.

I have also looked at Hertz, Internet Dynamics, Morel, and others. However, I am really trying hard to skew hard towards the proformance to price equation.

I saw on Woofers, etc, a package with dual P30's and a Focal amplifier, but that way well be overkill as again I am thinking a high quality 8 inch woofer in a sealed box.

While, I am pretty up to speed on home audio, car audio I am a bit behind owning to having a Lexus LS460 for years where aside from tapping the rear deck for signal to add a subwoofer, there does not seem much that can be done.

While I am thinking an 8 inch driver, a 10 inch driver would work fine as well. Regardless, my priorities are strongly SQ with the goal of the closest I can get to full range reproduction.

Any ideas you all might have I would greatly appreciate to hear including amplifiers to drive the woofer.
Thanks!,
Mark

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Still trying to figure out why I am having issues uploading photos as I have moderated numbers Home Theater and 2 Channel Audio forums.

Anywho, I am thinking about replacing my old JL Audio 12W7 ProWedge with another. Here is what is looks like:

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 57763254635__27FF04FD-ADD1-4437-9F55-7D135A7F956F.jpg
    57763254635__27FF04FD-ADD1-4437-9F55-7D135A7F956F.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 39
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.