DD Z2B Stuck in protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a Z2B stuck in protect. I have removed all the output fets and replaced the drive ics(the To220 5 pin). Now stuck in protect. starts to power the the protection kicks in then powers down. The power supply section is fine. If i split the boards and apply power the it makes full rail voltage. Ive checked all the diodes and had to replace the 18v zeners. But with the boards connected it wont come out of protection. I did check the 2184 for a short and did not find any. Inductors look good and do not move. Thanks in advance.

here is the driver board.

Attachments

• 2019-05-03_12-21-54.jpg
    2019-05-03_12-21-54.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 205
Okay I have checked for solder bridges. Cant find any. It doesnt read short on any pads. In powering up the amp it did however cause one transistor to fail. Q81. Part number J111-d74z. It is a N channel fet switch in TO-92 package. Looks like the protection and muting circuit. without diagram I'm not sure.
The board has some damage from a previous repair(not me) where the drivers have been replaced. Solder pads are not looking to good and the center pinon one of the drivers has a veer missing. The coating on the circuit board is very dark and thick on DD amps which makes it very difficult to see the traces.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.