Hearing 1khz test tone from subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just went out to set up my component's amp and put a 1khz test tone CD in and had the RCA's off to check with oscilloscope and I can hear the tone very faintly in my subs with the deck cranked all the way up? Sub is crossed over at 80hz. How is this possible?

The 30Hz getting through to a tweeter with a proper crossover would be infinitesimally small. The 30Hz that the tweeter could reproduce make it absolutely insignificant.

You wouldn't want perfect cutoff points in most systems. Imagine an instrument playing through a range of notes. You might hear it play through the tweeters in the dash. Then from one note to the next, the instrument stops coming from the dash and moves immediately to the door (mids). Playing back across two notes might have it alternating from the door to dash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.