Orion 225 HCCA 1st gen. power supply ko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know, sorry for my bad english..
The measures frome the base to emitter give a floating voltage, can be 1,6v or 0,1.
It's change continuously, in positive or negative voltage too.
Never stable.
Windings transistor is removed, and optos also.
Remote not connected.
The sparking happen continuously, when i put on and take off the +B continuously, one spark per second (with cap mounted)...

This may help

It's close...

Attachments

• 2150gx.JPG
    2150gx.JPG
    943.2 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for diagram 90scaraudio, but i don't understand well.
Is the same of 225?

Self oscillation, i think the only one motiv.
Must i to change all power supply components?
Or need nos Motorola transistors?

I'm waiting for to have the material for some test, but i'd like to know the why about the self oscillation.
A day works ok, and the next day it turn on withouth remote...

2x MPSA06
1x 2N6488
2x 1N4003
1x 18v zener
1x 2.5v zener

The 2.5v zener anode is on base of 2N6488. 18v zener anode is on base of MPSA06. 1N4003 anodes to trafo winding, cathodes together.
Ok, thanks.
Need time to get me the components.
I have already 2N6488 new, i must to find MPSA06 (or equivalents?), zener and diodes.
Are the two 1N4003 under the trafo? (in the diagram are the couple of 11 turn winding?)
Then i'll take the axial cap too.

I had some time to transcribe my drawing into ExpressSCH. Anyone can download it and edit this schematic, make corrections or add part numbers.
There may be errors from when I did this 13 years ago so correct them as needed.
I can't upload the .sch file but message me and I can email it to you if you want.

Attachments

• Orion PS.jpg
    Orion PS.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.