Orion HCCA 2100 no rail voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did check the things we covered before. Rail voltage is the same on both channels (+/-34.195v).

Other than pin 4 of the 494 having high voltage (without the resistor installed), the muting transistors not dropping to where they should be and the odd voltage (rail voltage) on the two A06's I haven't found anything else that seems to be out of specs.

Looks like there is a problem on the audio side of the amp. I figured before I hooked it to a battery I would put full power to it with my power supply(the last time I had it running on full power with my supply the amp shut down ans shut down my power supply with it).

So....the amp powers up and I do some quick voltage checks and everything is as it should be (the resistor is still in place between pins 4 and 7 on the 494) this is including the third leg of muting transistors being at -15.15v DC. (I know I'm as confused as you are about that one as the only thing I did was remove the two voltage regulators and reinstall them). At this point I decide to clamp the amp down in the heat sink power it up and let it play while I keep checks on the voltages. after about three songs I noticed the output transistors where getting quite warm and so checked the voltage across the emitter resistors. The 6488 emitter resistors were at 0.000v while the 6491 emitter resistors were at +0.003 DC on the left side of the board (same side that was high previously) and +0.001v DC on the right side of the board. Also the DC voltage on the RCA shields is at -0.090v.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.