Orion HCCA 250r rectifier modification.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apparently someone at some point made a modification to one of the rectifiers in this Orion HCCA 250r (see photo). Does anyone know why the capacitor would have added?

Attachments

• 20190323_203212.jpg
    20190323_203212.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 140
I just got back to working on this amp Perry. The amp was brought to me with few blown PS Fets, resistors, etc... I have repaired the damage to the amp. I also found the grounds legs on the RCA connectors where broken and fixed those as well. Amp is now functioning as it should.
I disconnected the capacitor that I previously asked you about and it doesn't seem to effect the function of the amp either way. Do you have an idea of what problem whomever put it there may have been trying to correct with it?

I also found what I believe is another modification (see attached photos). It has been a while since I've worked on a 250r but if memory serves me correctly I believe the resistor that is place on the legs of the L7905CV is not supposed to be there. I disconnected it as well and could not see where it made any change to the function of the amp. Any thoughts on what problem it was intended to solve?

Attachments

• 20190718_000708.jpg
    20190718_000708.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190718_000549-1.jpg
    20190718_000549-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Need a bit of help pls

hello all,
here is my problem with my old hcca 250r.

The 2 rectifiers on the under side of board where pulling lot s of juice, once they where off voltage was ok. I am wondering the guy who fixed or tried to fix it maybe he did not put them back at the right place. I see they are 2 different rectefiers, here are some pics.

I would love to know wich one goes where.

Thanks guys :)

Z

9k=

Z

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.