mmats 4090

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
does anyone by chance know what the power mosfets are for the powersupply. I have one that is in for repair and it has IRF1407 but the have solder on them and these are clamped to heatsink. this makes me believe it was a substitute. also this amp has temps sensor outputs for each channel. one of the sensor wire shorted on the mosfet. does any one know the value of these.

hey perry I replaced the IRF1407s irf3205s and replaced the temp sensors. I also had to replace both amplifier gains and xover pots. the plays and sounds fine until it pops then sounds distorted. amp is warm but not in thermal shut down. compared the old temp sensor with new at room and heated them to make sure they were at similar resistance. I then applied 200c from hot air gun and forced the amp into thermal for each sensor. the problem I am having is not same. I have found the lm339 trips protalection around 1.1vdc a cross each sensor. I can disconnect power for a split second and amp plays fine after that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.