Sundown SAZ3500D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m gonna rebuild this amp one more time .

I ordered the wrong inductors the first time around .

Wondering if you happen to know the value of the original inductors ?

Also do you or does anyone have a pic of this amp I need to know the value of the 2 electrolytic caps that sit behind the inductors . Since further inspection they appear to have been replaced at some point and are to big to fit in the amp properly

Attachments

• 64076C33-A968-4F4C-93A8-DE69B98AED7C.png
    64076C33-A968-4F4C-93A8-DE69B98AED7C.png
    424 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
What I meant was the inductors I bought were 47uh but the package style was to big .

And there are different ohm inductors like a 350m ohm ect which ones are the right ones ?

Also the 2 large caps that sit behind the output filter inductors were replaced with 1000uf caps I’m thinking they are supposed to be 680uf caps wondering if someone can confirm

The ones in this amp measure 5 ohms .

I started taking the amp back apart to fix some shady repair work that was done before I got the amp but here are some pics of the output section .

Attachments

• A92FDC0B-A3BD-423E-B3AE-814F6B749B7F.jpg
    A92FDC0B-A3BD-423E-B3AE-814F6B749B7F.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • AFCE4D24-F9CD-4FA2-9F4A-644B08F2D7DE.jpg
    AFCE4D24-F9CD-4FA2-9F4A-644B08F2D7DE.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 74
I started rebuilding the amp again .

The problem I’m having is what outputs belong in this amp ?

I’ve heard several different things some say use
IRFP360LC
FDA24N50
FDA24N40

Wondering if anyone can confirm what outputs are used in this amp ?

Wondering this since I’ve had nothing but problems with this amp

Ok . Have a question I talked to someone and he said these amps usually use FQA24N50’s but some of the amps used IRFP460LC’s in them and that the only difference would be the gate resistors .

This amp has 27 ohm gate resistors in it for the outputs .

Do you know if the 27 ohm resistors work with the FQA24N50 or are more suited for the IRFP460LC ?

Reading through this excellent post, and I have a question. The output driver board is a 3S-Tech board, I have repaired an amp with this board in it before. Perry in post #18 you state the some people swap the boards without checking the over-current threshold resistors to see if they match. Which resistors would that be, are they on the 3S board or on the main board close to the current shunts? Thanks!

I don’t get this amp .

I replaced all of the outputs with brand new ones I installed a brand new audio driverboard checked all gate resistors and rebuilt the entire section by the driverboard .

As soon as I try powering it up it goes straight into protection mode when the relays kick on .

I still have the pulse of dc on the output filter inductors .

Any ideas on where this might be coming from

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.