Blade BL3KD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I got this class D amplifier with full rail voltage on speaker terminals. and blown R101 resistor.

The problem was in the driver board there was broken trace. after fixing everything i notice one string of transformer melted and was broken. so there might be a short between primary and secondary. i am attaching the picture.

i tried to twist and shake the board while power is applied to see if there is a short but i did not get no current pull.

can i leave the broken string as it is or do i have to connect it and insulate?

Attachments

• 20190311_141528.jpg
    20190311_141528.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190311_141620.jpg
    20190311_141620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Do these with nothing connected to the amp.

What's the resistance from the RCA shields to the main ground (no power applied)?

What's the resistance from the RCA shields to the B+ terminal? Check this to see if it changes when pushing/pulling/twisting the transformer.

670kohms from RCA to main ground.
0.670Mohms from RCA to B+ when twisted it gone to 0.8Mohms.

It doesn't appear that there is a short between windings. That may change as the core moves after reinstalled or as it heats up.

Leaving the bad winding isn't the 'right' way to repair it. At the very least, you should tell the owner and give him the option to have you rewind it or replace it at additional cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.