Mtx ta92001 distorted output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good morning DIY audio peoples it's been awhile since I've been on here and have a new project. Have MTX ta 92001 that has output but the LED lights on the top of the unit are not lighting up. the output is very distorted and staticy the first initial base hit of the music note played good, every note after that tends to wash out and sounds very staticky as if it's losing power open up the unit. The little corrosion by the large capacitors by the output terminals . also the two large inductors by the power input or buzzing really loud. LED light behind the RCA inputs are not lit up but the LED light by the output inductors top left corner are on. what do y'all think about issue might be? or where to start, the and work perfectly fine before the winter has been stored out in the garage in the Chicago weather for the winter time now this issue is present.
thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like one of the regulators went bad .

Do you have both positive and negative 15 volts on all of the opamps ?

Nope. Only getting 13.06positive negative all the op amps except for the ones that are by the ribbon cable connector for the preamp board those two are only showing 4.60. the resistor by the capacitors are 4082 is getting very hot not smoking but very hot almost to the point to where you cannot touch it. The two inductors have stopped buzzing barely warm to the touch.

Attachments

• DSC_0920.jpg
    DSC_0920.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0922.jpg
    DSC_0922.jpg
    978 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_0921.jpg
    DSC_0921.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I replace both op amps that are by led 400. The two large inductors by the power input are buzzing again but now I have 23 volts DC on the speaker output instead of 26.What is the value of the op amp that is located right in front of the RCA input.i have -15 and 15 volt at the op-amp by the RCA inputs but all the other pins show zero

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.