Mtx ta92001 distorted output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't tell what it use to say the top of it is missing. The one next to it looks like 1GMX

Attachments

• DSC_1021.jpg
    DSC_1021.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 56
That axial resistor the one that got hot do you happen to know which value they used in the Amplifer? My is so hot the colors are faded. I call mtx Tom was pretty rude and didn't wanna release any values for the part. His return was "it's like going to restaurant asking for the recipe."

Last edited:
called them again they said that they no longer release that information due to the fact they no longer have a repairs facility. they just simply doing exchange and they no longer authorized repairs. Will post what it's reading in 2 hrs. Away from my home right now.

Got it all put back together. As soon I hook up the remote wire with a subwoofer to the amp. The sub is playing a very load tone and it push the subwoofer almost to full exersion.with no RCA hook up too the amp thermal and short light is flickering with a weird clicking noise coming from amp

Last edited:
Also the amp is pull extremely high amount of amperage. I hook the amp up to a car battery. My power supply was turning off when the remote wire was applied. With the car battery. The positive wire was getting hot. the too inductors inside the amp by the power connection was super hot so was the heat sink. Amp was only contacted for 1 mins Max. Then of course a load bang came from the amp. Plus some smoke. I used the old output fets.

Did you check all of the outputs for leakage before reinstalling them?

Did you check the drive signals before reinstalling the outputs (after reinstalling the opto-couplers but before reinstalling the large 220 ohm resistor)?

At each step, after installing the outputs, you need to confirm that a load on the speaker terminals easily (no significant current draw) pulls down any DC on the speaker terminals.

All the output fets have been replace. Four of the fets was bad. Along with gate resistors. Now I'm getting -106.00 DC at the speaker terminal with no load. Amp pulls 3.5 amp at idle. With a put a 4 ohm load on the speaker terminal(subwoofer) it push the cone fully up and the amp drain shoots throw the roof. Have the current set to 25 max. The resistor that was silicone to the board starts to smoke from and getting so hot with no load.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.