Scosche SLC-4 Confused - HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I have a 1999 Mazda Miata with a BOSE premium sound system.

I have a high powered head unit.

My GOAL is to BYPASS the Bose amp and to use the AMP in my head unit.

I was sold a SCOSCHE SLC-4 to accomplish this.

I know how to hook it up (or so, I think I do) - here is my question... How does this thing work? To me, all logic indicates that it simply lowers the line level of my Head unit (amp) and then uses the BOSE amp. Well, this is exactly the opposite of what I want to be done. I am told this is not what is happening, but it seems to me that if I connect speaker wires from radio into the Scosche and then wires out to the BOSE... and then adjust the levels of the input wires from my radio... well... logic says I'm adjusting my stereo output.

Please explain to mo how this is bypassing the BOSE amp.

Also, do I select Common ground or Factory AMP (on the side)

Any clarification on this will be appreciated. I hate not knowing how something works - especially when it doesn't sound like it should be working the way I am told it should.

Dwaine

There are more installers at the12volt.com who likely have used these on many vehicles.

It appears to be a converter that allows a speaker level output to drive the input of most any amplifier.

Some bose speakers have a low impedance that won't be compatible with a head unit. This will vary by vehicle.

Try posting on the12volt.com if no one here has any definitive answers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.