Punch 60 dsm power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Punch 60 dsm that I have not been able to diagnose the issues in the power supply area. I bought this amp that someone had previously tried repairing )by a person with little experience). The power fets had been replaced and had blown once again. I pulled the blown fets and tested driver output. Upon power up, I get approx. 4.6v from the driver output, but voltage starts to drop immediately and continues to decline. I pulled the driver card and replaced the drivers with 2n4401 & 2n4403 smd, replaced the lm339 and tl494 as well (as a later atempt to solve issue). I have also replaced all the 10uf 16v smd capacitors as well as all the 100uf 50v through holes. Pulled and checked the remaining capacitors with a cheap capacitor tester and they seem to be with in spec with no leakage. Pulled and checked diodes CR2,3,4,5,6,7. Gate resistors were replaced with 47r5. I even pulled and used a driver card from a known good amplifier. Not sure were to go from here as I can not see anything else in the driver circuit.

Yes, I seen no change when swapping driver cards. As for using original parts, the transistors I used are a suitable replacement part and is what I have on hand. I have used the same transistors in 4 other Fosgate amp repairs and have had no problems with their performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.