Phoenix Gold ZX amplifiers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Latest in my quest to find and repair a buggered amplifier has turned up a possibility in the shape of a PG ZX450ti.

I remember that back in the day these amps were of the upper middle class of car amps and so it piqued my interest.

I'm just asking ahead if there are any common faults with these amps or any unobtainable parts.

Hopefully this amp will actually be faulty, unlike the previous two, and I can get my teeth into it.

They can be difficult to repair. The schematic diagrams are very difficult to get so unless someone here says that they will walk you through a repair on one, you should only buy it if not being able to repair it won't be a painful loss.

Other, older series have a lot of problems with leaky capacitors that can make them difficult to repair without extreme measures.

I quite possibly have whatever parts you need. I recently purchased pg's test/repair equipment and a ton of parts. I'm trying to sift through it all and make some sense of it. I worked for them in the past but just doing tech support and marketing. I also have a bunch of amps in need of repair and have all the tools to do it but am at a loss at knowing where to start.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.