Rodek RA2150 need to set the bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry, can you tell me what these are?

qdvTuFM.jpg

They seem to get hot with the amp just idling.

thanks

Are both in each pair getting equally hot?

I could be wrong but I think one in each pair is the VAS amplifier transistor (inverting amplifier). This one would run hot. The other in each pair might be the first in the triple-darlington driver/output group.

The collector of the VAS would go to the base of the first of the darlington group. Then the emitter of the first of the darlington group to the base of the small heatsink mounted transistor and its emitter would drive the base of the output.

Are both in each pair getting equally hot?

I could be wrong but I think one in each pair is the VAS amplifier transistor (inverting amplifier). This one would run hot. The other in each pair might be the first in the triple-darlington driver/output group.

The collector of the VAS would go to the base of the first of the darlington group. Then the emitter of the first of the darlington group to the base of the small heatsink mounted transistor and its emitter would drive the base of the output.

I buttoned the amp up but I think they were all hot.
Feels hot is usually around 45-48C in reality for my fingers.

It works, the silicone is sufficient to apply some force.
Materials are just unrealistically expensive and has soured my mood.

I need to regroup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.