Alpine 3558 wont power up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
L805 to pos was open. Read 0 ohms from pos e816 to both 5/6 ic801. So I figured the run was damaged from l805 to pos e816. Great news ...it did power up fully without going into protection. I replaced alot of leaky caps. I used one of the legs off those small caps to make a jumper. I'll probally try to find something a little thicker. Thanks again

Before I start reassembly wanted some input on the capacitors I replaced. Originals were all elna 10uf 16v. They have cers stamped on them but I could not find any info on a elna cers series. I replaced them with nichicon UKT1C100MDD 10uf 16v audio grade. Since these were in the power supply not audio path was that a good choice. If I had more info on the originals I would have just matched those. Any thoughts if the ones I used are a good choice. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.