Alpine MRP-M1000 with rail voltage but no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you please explain post #11 for me, you said to connect through a 1k-10k resistor. I may have misunderstood.

Can you please give a detailed description of how to inject the audio into the amp using an aftermarket deck playing a music CD?

I don't have a signal generator, other than a square wave terminal on my USB scope designed for probe adjustment. I have test tones on my ipod also...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190113-135816.png
    Screenshot_20190113-135816.png
    482.9 KB · Views: 75
Which are the clamping transistors? (Q9701/9702?) These are A1266 through-hole.

I am using a car deck playing an audio CD. I am still unsure of how to inject the rca jack signal to the amp. Please specify.

Do I remove Q9701 and Q9702? Then the RCA male center pin goes to the collector pad of Q9701 and Q9702 through a 1k resistor, and the rca ground connects directly to the secondary ground of the amp?

Still testing using the voltmeter at the moment. I removed Q9701 and Q9702 and fed signal to the collector pads through a 1k resistor. I connected the rca shield to the secondary ground. I got audio on Pins12 and 14 of the IR2010S ICs. I had high side gate drive (Pin1) on both IC9801 and IC9802, but only low side gate drive (Pin8) on IC9802, no gate drive signal on IC9801. At some point the low side output of IC9802 also stopped working.

I removed both ICs but there was some damage to the pads on the board as these have been changed at least twice before. I am hoping that Pins4, 5, 9, 10, and 16 have no connection in this amp as some of those pads came off the board but appear to have no connection. Let me know if my assumption is incorrect.

I only have 2 new IR2010S ICs remaining, so I was hoping there were checks I could make to the pads, or elsewhere in the amp before installing the new ICs but the amp does not power up with IC9801 and IC9802 unpopulated. So, I replaced them, but when tested again afterwards, I still have no low side gate output, but I have high side output on both ICs.

DC voltage is - 42v at the collector pad of Q9701 and Q9702.

Across the speaker terminal I am currently reading +38.2v. With the black probe on ground terminal I read -39v on the - speaker terminal, 0v on the + speaker terminal but there is a momentary 3v spike when the amp is turned on.

Output FETS are installed. None read shorted so I assumed they were OK. Do they need to be replaced? If so, did I damage my remaining pair of IR2010S ICs by installing them now?

I pulled all of the outputs (Q4001 - Q4004) one by one until all four on that side were removed but the - 38v was still there. I tested all four outputs out of the amp and they all appeared to be good. It wasn't until I disconnected the rca connection to Q9701 and Q9702, then the - 38v was gone.

What do I check next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.