Voltmeter load

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got thermal grease, 4 capacitors 1uf 100v non-polarized electrolytic and two positive voltage regulators. This stuff is NTE brand, so if it is junk let me know so I can throw it out and get good stuff. I also ordered the oscilloscope. Thanks for pointing me in this direction, I'm looking forward to using this.

The oscilloscope arrived in pieces, broken in other words. The idiots that sold it shipped it in an envelope. This keeps happening to me. The last two amps I bought were damaged in shipping and, believe it or not, the ms-275 I bought was shipped in a god damn envelope! People need to get a clue.

I'm unable to return this scope to Scamazon, so I'm adding it to my ridiculously long to do list. I got me a 9v power adapter and hooked this up and got a blank white screen. There are two sets of lcd module connectors on the display board. Wouldn't it stand to reason there should be continuity between these two sets? I get continuity between all pins except 38, 39 and 40. On the diagram there is a 'less than' symbol for these, what is the meaning of that? Could this be my problem? The other variable is the power supply. Its 9v 1000ma DC out. I have no idea if this is good to use. If I can get this working I still plan to install it in the dash of my car.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG
    874.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1592.jpg
    IMG_1592.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 46
The voltage at the point where the adapter attaches is just over 9 volts. Everywhere else its 0v or close to it. I checked a random regulator and it was getting good voltage in but putting out nothing. I am out of money for parts now and have too many projects so this might have to go on ebay for $5.

Yes its center positive. I actually tried two adapters. The first adapter gave me voltage all over the board but it stopped working. The second adapter is the one I have hooked up now that is giving me nothing. I think there was something wrong with the first adapter and it fried something. The first was 1000ma the second is 500ma.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.