Orion 220GT schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a chance anyone would have a schematic for a Orion 220GT?
I have one that has developed a problem and would like to try and diagnose and repair it.
It looks like it is a relatively simple amplifier and may be a good one to learn a bit about amplifier repair.
Thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• D4389906-577F-40E9-8247-9E13014C4F8E.jpg
    D4389906-577F-40E9-8247-9E13014C4F8E.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 260
Mr. Babin,
Thank you for your reply.
It is blowing the 10A fuse that I installed in line.
I replaced it and the amp came on but it blew the fuse again as soon as I connected the RCA's with a signal running through them.
I have replaced the amp with a substitute amp for the mean time and the substitute is working fine so I'm sure the problem is with the amp.
I can't see anything that looks as if it were hot or burnt inside of the amp.
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.
Dan

Mr. Babin,
I put the amp on the bench tonight to try and get the TL494 pin voltages.
The amplifier is now blowing the fuse (7.5A) immediately upon the application of power without anything else connected to the amplifier. The power led comes on and the fuse blows immediately. I tried a fast and slow blow fuse.
Nothing is noticeably hot in the amp.
I guess something totally failed upon the last power up or it was just taking a bit for the fuse to blow.
May I ask for suggestions?
Thank you,
Dan

Mr. Babin,
Please forgive me for the long delay in my reply.
I had an unexpected cancer diagnosis and had to go in for a fairly major surgery the day after Christmas.
They think they got it all, I am on the mend and doing well.
I was able to return to testing the mosfets in the amp and it appears that one of the IRF542 mosfets have gone bad.
From my research, it appears that IRF540’s would be suitable replacements for the pair.
Does that sound correct to you?
Again, I apologize for the delay in my response and sincerely appreciate your help.
Dan

Tim,
Thank you for your concern and reply.
I am blessed and fortunate compared to many others.
I have ordered the mosfets for the amp and will check all of the caps and replace if necessary.
It will be nice to revive the amp and place it back into a working old school system.
Thanks again,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.