Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp power supply drive issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't seem to get my drive signal correct for the power supply mosfets. I changed the ic the pnp transistors on the driver card. ? I'm not sure what the cause of this is. I could use some guidance. I found it since this post. Trace from someone sodering on bottom of driver card via.

Attachments

• 15442230646596343507935188965415.jpg
    15442230646596343507935188965415.jpg
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 123
The issue is the amplifier after I solved the power supply issue. The amplifier just power cycles. It's starts and draws current then back again. The drive looks good with mosfets in the power supply. I tested
Q2000.) -6.86
Q2001.) 6.80
Q2012.) 11.86
Q2010.) 1187vdc
I just removed all the output transistors. But could use some help.

not with the output transistors in curcuit it like it powers up attempts to engauge the output section, then draws about 9-10 amps of current. When it was dong this four output transistors were getting hot. I tested all them out of circuit for leaks and shorts. All test ok

All outputs back in and no protection. Nothing in s shorting. My scope probes got broke today, I tripped on them and broke both of them. So I am half bild one works, so/so. If there is an audio problem, I'll address that next. Any idea what this green jumper wire is for? From tap to base of q2001?

Following cause I am working on the other one of these that I have. Question how did you take out the PS drive board, I cut the legs on the 90 degree header, closest to the front panel and then solder blobbed the back header to remover, then replaced the front 90 degree header. Seemed the fastest and safest way becasue the holes in the board are super tight to the header pins.

Anyone have any ideas on the audio issue this amp is having? I have never dealt with this issue on one of these amplifiers before. high distortion in the audio, yet clean on the output jacks. i can attempted to change the tl072 in front of the amplifier. what on the driver card lm6172's? and some more op amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.